I wont talk about what is STF and how to become a STF trader or invest in some token. For such questions you can refer to the below mentioned links:
What is Smart Token Fund (STF)?
Smart Token Fund (STF), in simple terms, is a way of connecting Investors to skilled Traders. Essentially helping the…
STF Commission & Payouts on WazirX
Your wait’s over! STF commission & payouts have arrived. Read the post to find out more. 😎
Lets start with my performance and experience in STF:
- I started it as an experiment and was confident I can manage it being profitable in long term
- Initially couple of weeks were good but then being long term bull biased in BTC and used to trading on derivatives exchanges, I kept hodling BTC. I should have approached it like my margin trades.
- Learnt few lessons on how to trade in STF and it went from low being 5 to 9.2 at the time of writing this post
- Taking profits, using stop limit orders, following your TA with discipline, not going all in, focused on BTC and few alts, etc. helped
- Since we cant short here or hedge in different contracts as you can do on a derivatives exchange, its important to buy at support and take some profits as well at key levels
- Not necessary to hold crypto all the time, you can be in USDT if not sure about the markets and waiting for confirmation
I wont comment much on other STF traders, however below are the tokens in profit or above initial price:
BlackCoin (XBCK), STYX (XSTYX) and Crypto Boss Token (XCBT)
Also note that you can buy and sell one or more STF tokens at any point so not necessary to look for initial price.
I have few suggestions for Wazirx team even though I think I had discussed these over call with Sid and Priyanka last year as well:
- More ALT-BTC pairs to trade on Wazirx for STF traders
- Liquidity issues in lot of coins
- A system that keeps an eye on all STF trades, records it and creates some charts that can be helpful for everyone
An example: I marked the price of XOLO near the BTC local bottom, local top and current price in the below chart
You can even add details like: % of BTC in XOLO and other crypto, the period in which there was no trade and it was 100% USDT, what is the price action in alts that I traded, what would have been the price of XOLO if I had traded WRX instead of BTC in xyz time frame
There can be so many things you can play with and share different charts about STF tokens and how traders are managing them.
- We can even approach Delta Exchange to list a few STF tokens on delta for others to bet on STF traders by going long or short. If people think a STF trader will not perform good, they can short his token and vice versa.
- ALLOCATION (PER TOKEN) information is not required and confusing for people because some people think its the actual holdings in that STF token
Things that I like about STF:
- Nischal, Sid and Priyanka always helpful in case there are any issues
- I love the buy/sell notifications on email and the reports sent regularly
- Liquidity in markets have improved after Binance involvement and WRX trading
- Few investors of my token even reached out to me on twitter and were nice people who dont have the time to look at charts 24/7 and trade. I even told they can invest in my token and sell if they feel its not worth the time and money. I don’t shill it everywhere looking for investors.
- It will be good for STF traders and investors in a bull market
I cant disclose the details, however there is soon going to be a competition for Wazirx STF which will have few benefits like trade on more than one exchange and more coins etc. So Wazirx should keep improving this experiment which can be a success in long term.